Well, as you can see it’s been quite a while since I posted. I was not trying to ignore you, I promise! I’ve been up to my ears with clients, appointments, design consultations, you name it, but HAVE to post some new research that I found! When planning a wedding, or any special event for that matter, we like to have something to keep as a memento of the amazing day. Hence, guestbooks were born! Nowadays, guestbooks don’t just mean that little book with lines on it where guests write well wishes for the couple or guest of the hour. Now there are many, many other creative ideas that we can use to MAKE SURE that we remember that day for years to come! Some ideas listed below were found in my research, while others are ideas used in It’s all in the Details Events! Enjoy 🙂
1. Traditional Guestbook- some may think this is boring, but it definitely does the trick! (Photo found online-source unknown)
3. Signing a bench- LOVE this one! It’s just so personal and practical. Just make sure once the bench is signed, a sealant is used to protect the messages. (Photo via It’s all in the Details Event, Tiffany Green Photography)
4. Signing a wooden custom sign or piece of wood- Great for a rustic wedding and great to hang on your wall after the event! (Sign custom made by It’s all in the Details)
5. Wishing Tree- This is great for weddings and all types of special events! Guests write well wishes to the couple or person of the hour and the cards can be bound into a special book after they are hung on a small tree, or hung from anything that fits your party theme! (Photo via Pinterest)
6. Signing a Photo Mat- This is another traditional guestbook idea. It’s simple and we like it! :(Photo via It’s all in the Details Event)
7. Photo booth Guestbook- This is a very popular favorite for most. Your guests LOVE a photo booth and they love to paste a copy of the photo strip in the book and wish you well! (Photo via pinterest)
8. Anything special that goes with your theme and that you will use as decor in your home! This is great because it can be anything, and we mean ANYTHING! We’ve seen it all- wine barrel, magnum of wine, baseballs for a baseball theme wedding (How cute is this?), puzzle pieces, jenga pieces, a gIobe for your vintage travel theme wedding, I could go on and on! (Photos via Pinterest)
ADVICE::: Make sure to ask your DJ to make an announcement to have guests sign the guestbook. Also, if possible, ask your coordinator to move the guestbook to make sure that it is always easily accessible for your guests.
Make it be something meaningful for you! Otherwise, it will end up collecting dust in a back bedroom until your puppy or baby finds it and rips it to shreds 🙂 Just my opinion!
Enjoy! Until next time 🙂 XOXO, Megs